Thursday, September 17, 2009

9/17 FOBTY

So the Texas State Fair will start soon and I can say that I haven't been since I was probably in elementary school. My in-laws took my son last year and they had a good time. Unfortunately, I don't 'do' rides and while funnel-cake always sounds like a wonderful idea, I regret having eaten it everytime I have one. I do know that this year, we have moved straight on up the fried food chain to.... deep fried butter. I can't tell you how gross this makes me feel just to think about it. However, I have heard of other things that have peaked my interest - fried cheesecake, fried coke, fried snickers (although I prefer them frozen) - but I know that in the end, I will feel much better (literally) not having eaten all of that! I guess the fair has lost it's appeal over the years as, being a parent of two, I realize just how much money all of that stuff costs when you're there and how many other things I could do with that same money and still have fun with the kiddos... I know, kind of a buzz-kill.

1 comment:

  1. LOL so with you on the amount of $$ spent but I love the Big E b/c after 5:00pm it's 5 bucks you can't beat that and I'm a buzz kill to b/c I budget my kiddos!

    ReplyDelete